This position has been filled!
A Serious Business, Inc. (YC S21) is hiring a .NET Core engineer!
A Serious Business, Inc. makes Abbot. Abbot is a programmable bot that turns your team chat into a shared command center. We're taking what we learned about ChatOps when we worked at GitHub to build a platform that makes it easy for everyone to build and use them. To get a deeper sense of what Abbot does and why we believe it's a great tool for distributed and remote teams, watch this interview with Phil Haack, CTO and co-founder of A Serious Business, Inc.
We are looking for a .NET Core engineer to join our team.
Some of the interesting work we'll be doing:
- Building out a hybrid-prem solution for enterprises.
- Implementing a more composable approach to running bot skill functionality.
- Supporting more programming languages.
- Supporting more chat platforms.
- Support local editing of skills in the editor/IDE of people's choice.
- Lots of usability improvements.
- And a lot more!
Important: while we need you to be comfortable working on all of this stuff, we don’t need you to know all of it coming in the door. We're learning as we go too!
Who are we?
We are a bunch of former GitHub employees (Hubbers) who worked together on GitHub Desktop, GitHub for Visual Studio, and other products. We're excited about the potential of Abbot and have a lot of fun working on it. Here's some other things you should know about us.
- We are a small and growing company, which makes this a great opportunity for engineers with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- We’re remote, with team members in Portugal, San Francisco, and Bellevue.
- We’re a team, not a family, but we have families and want to be the kind of place where work doesn’t get in the way of that. This doesn't mean we don't care about you. This means we respect your boundaries.
- We’re believers in aptitude and of discovering and developing talent.
- We don't know it all, and neither do we expect you to. We also enjoy sharing and applying what we learn to make the product better.
- We enjoy learning and supporting each other in the process.
- We really care about the product we're building.
- We believe that teams that are diverse and inclusive are important and make better products.
Who are you?
We’re believers in aptitude and of discovering and developing talent. Regardless of your background, we’re interested in hearing from you; you can’t waste our time.
We are a completely distributed and remote team and plan to stay that way, so that does come with some considerations:
- You are able to work independently and from home or a co-working space. We don't have offices to provide.
- You have some professional experience as a developer and are comfortable programming in C# (or don't mind learning it quickly). We're very small and early, so we're not well situated to be someone's first job, yet.
- You relish "getting in on the ground floor" and the opportunity it presents to wear many hats and learn about building a business, team, product, etc.
- You are encouraging and supportive of others, and are willing to receive encouragement and support as we all learn and have fun building a great product together!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself and one situation where you wrote some code or solved a problem you're proud of.